To print a page in the WAC, use your browser’s normal print functions (Ctrl-P on a PC, Command-P on a Mac, or File > Print on either). The resulting printed page will show just the content and not the banner at the top, the left-side navigation, or the footer links. To see how the page will look before you print it, use your browser’s Print Preview.

296-15-490  <<  296-15-495 >>   End of Chapter

Third-party action on a self-insured claim.

What must a self-insurer send to the department when there is a third-party action?
When there is a third-party action, in addition to fulfilling the statutory requirements, the self-insurer must send the department copies of:
Upon notification
Written indication of the worker's election.
After recovery of damages
1. Signed settlement agreement or court order; and
2. Total amount of attorney fees and costs; and
3. Total amount of benefits paid, including TL, PPD, and medical, excluding payments for IMEs.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 51.32.190(6), 51.32.055 (8)(a) and (9)(a). WSR 98-24-121, § 296-15-495, filed 12/2/98, effective 1/2/99.]