(1) "Communications equipment" means cell phone handsets, pagers, personal digital assistants, portable computers, automatic answering devices, batteries, and their accessories or other devices used to originate or receive communications signals or service approved for coverage by rule of the commissioner, and also includes services related to the use of the devices.
(2) "Communications equipment insurance program" means an insurance program.
(3) "Communications service" means the service necessary to send, receive, or originate communications signals.
(4) "Customer" means a person or entity purchasing or leasing communications equipment or communications services from a vendor.
(5) "Specialty producer license" means a license issued that authorizes a vendor to offer or sell insurance.
(6) "Supervising agent" means an agent licensed under RCW 48.17.060
who provides training and is affiliated to a licensed vendor.
(7) "Vendor" means a person or entity resident or with offices in this state in the business of leasing, selling, or providing communications equipment or communications service to customers.
(8) "Appointing insurer" means the insurer appointing the vendor as its agent under a specialty producer license.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 48.02.060, 48.120.025. 02-21-119 (Matter No. R 2002-08), § 284-17A-020, filed 10/23/02, effective 11/23/02.]