To print a page in the WAC, use your browser’s normal print functions (Ctrl-P on a PC, Command-P on a Mac, or File > Print on either). The resulting printed page will show just the content and not the banner at the top, the left-side navigation, or the footer links. To see how the page will look before you print it, use your browser’s Print Preview.
(1) Certification is effective on the date the department issues the certificate. Certifications must be renewed every three years. The expiration date is indicated on the certification card.
(2) The secretary may extend the certification period to accommodate the efficient processing of recertification applications. The expiration date will be indicated on the certification card issued by the department.
(3) Certification of AEMTs and paramedics is valid only:
(a) In the county or counties where recommended by the MPD and approved by the secretary;
(b) In other counties where formal EMS medical control agreements are in place; or
(c) In other counties when accompanying a patient in transit.
(d) While responding to other counties for mutual aid purposes, mass care, or other incidents. In these situations, EMS provider will provide patient care following the prehospital patient care protocols of their supervising MPD.
(4) A certified AEMT or paramedic may function at a lower certification level in counties other than those described in subsection (3)(a) through (c) of this section, with approval of that county's MPD.
(5) EMTs who have successfully completed IV therapy or supraglottic airway training may use those skills only when following approved county MPD protocols that permit EMTs with such training to perform those skills.
(6) When EMS personnel change or add membership with an EMS agency, or their contact information changes, they must notify the department within thirty days of the change. Changes submitted must be made on forms provided by the department.
[Statutory Authority: Chapters 18.71
, 18.73, and 70.168
RCW. WSR 11-07-078, § 246-976-144, filed 3/22/11, effective 5/15/11.]