The registered nurse who is responsible for supervising the nursing technician:
(1) Is accountable at all times for the client's safety and well-being.
(2) Is responsible at all times for the nursing process as delineated in WAC 246-840-700
and this responsibility cannot be delegated.
(3) Shall maintain at all times an awareness of the care activities of the nursing technician and of the current assessment of the patient/resident.
(4) Shall be immediately available at all times to the nursing technician.
(5) Shall have knowledge of the specific nursing functions the nursing technician is authorized to perform. The authorized functions appear on the verification sent to the nursing technician's employer by the nursing program in which the nursing technician is enrolled.
[Statutory Authority: Chapter 18.79 RCW and 2003 c 258. 04-13-053, § 246-840-880, filed 6/11/04, effective 6/11/04. Statutory Authority: Chapter 18.79 RCW. 97-13-100, § 246-840-880, filed 6/18/97, effective 7/19/97.]