(1) Pursuant to chapter 34.05
RCW, the department may deny a license to any applicant, or condition, suspend, or revoke the license of any licensee, or in addition to or in lieu thereof, assess monetary penalties of up to ten thousand dollars per violation, if the applicant or licensee:
(a) Fails or refuses to comply with the requirements of chapter 70.42
RCW or the rules adopted under chapter 70.42
(b) Knowingly, or with reason to know, makes a false statement of a material fact in the application for a license or in any data attached thereto or in any record required by the department;
(c) Refuses to allow representatives of the department to examine any book, record, or file required under this chapter;
(d) Willfully prevents, interferes with, or attempts to impede in any way, the work of a representative of the department; or
(e) Misrepresents or is fraudulent in any aspect of the owner's or applicant's business.
(2) The department may impose the sanctions enumerated in subsection (1) of this section individually or in any combination.
(3) The sanction shall be as specified for the following described conduct. If more than one sanction is listed, the department may impose the sanction individually or in any combination:
(a) If the applicant was the holder of a license under chapter 70.42
RCW which was revoked for cause and never reissued by the department, then the license application may be denied;
(b) If the licensee willfully prevents or interferes with preservation of evidence of a known violation of chapter 70.42
RCW or the rules adopted under this chapter, a monetary penalty not exceeding ten thousand dollars per violation may be assessed or the license may be:
(i) Conditioned in a manner limiting or canceling the authority to conduct tests or groups of tests;
(c) If the licensee used false or fraudulent advertising, a monetary penalty not exceeding ten thousand dollars per violation may be assessed or the license may be suspended or revoked;
(d) If the licensee failed to pay any civil monetary penalty assessed by the department under chapter 70.42
RCW within twenty-eight days after the assessment becomes final, the license may be suspended or revoked;
(e) If the licensee intentionally referred its proficiency testing samples to another medical test site or laboratory for analysis, the license will be revoked for a period of at least one year and a monetary penalty not exceeding ten thousand dollars per violation may be assessed.
(4) The department may summarily suspend or revoke a license when the department finds continued licensure of a test site immediately jeopardizes the public health, safety, or welfare.
(5) The department will give written notice of any disciplinary action taken by the department to the owner or applicant for licensure, including notice of the opportunity for a hearing.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 70.42.005, 70.42.060 and chapter 70.42 RCW. 00-06-079, § 246-338-100, filed 3/1/00, effective 4/1/00. Statutory Authority: RCW 70.42.005. 97-14-113, § 246-338-100, filed 7/2/97, effective 8/2/97. Statutory Authority: Chapter 70.42 RCW. 93-18-091 (Order 390), § 246-338-100, filed 9/1/93, effective 10/2/93. Statutory Authority: RCW 43.70.040. 91-02-049 (Order 121), recodified as § 246-338-100, filed 12/27/90, effective 1/31/91. Statutory Authority: Chapter 70.42 RCW. 90-20-017 (Order 090), § 248-38-100, filed 9/21/90, effective 10/22/90.]