(1) "Health care information" means any information, whether oral or recorded in any form or medium that identifies or can readily be associated with the identity of, and relates to the health care of, a patient or client.
(2) "Health care provider" means an individual applying for a credential or credentialed in a profession listed in RCW 18.130.040
(3) "Key party" means immediate family members and others who would be reasonably expected to play a significant role in the health care decisions of the patient or client and includes, but is not limited to, the spouse, domestic partner, sibling, parent, child, guardian and person authorized to make health care decisions of the patient or client.
(4) "Legitimate health care purpose" means activities for examination, diagnosis, treatment, and personal care of patients or clients, including palliative care, as consistent with community standards of practice for the profession. The activity must be within the scope of practice of the health care provider.
(5) "Patient" or "client" means an individual who receives health care from a health care provider.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 18.130.050
(1), (12) and 18.130.180. WSR 06-18-045, § 246-16-020, filed 8/30/06, effective 9/30/06.]