To print a page in the WAC, use your browser’s normal print functions (Ctrl-P on a PC, Command-P on a Mac, or File > Print on either). The resulting printed page will show just the content and not the banner at the top, the left-side navigation, or the footer links. To see how the page will look before you print it, use your browser’s Print Preview.
Hunting—Hunter orange clothing requirements.
(1) Except as authorized in subsection (6) of this section, it is unlawful to hunt upland birds or rabbits during any upland game bird season unless the hunter is wearing fluorescent hunter orange clothing.
(2) It is unlawful to hunt deer or elk during all modern firearm general seasons in any manner unless the hunter is wearing fluorescent hunter orange clothing.
(3) All modern firearm permit holders must wear fluorescent hunter orange clothing.
(4) All master hunters must wear fluorescent hunter orange clothing during all deer and elk hunting seasons that allow the use of modern firearms, except as authorized by department permit.
(5) It is unlawful to hunt bear, cougar, bobcat, raccoon, fox, coyote, rabbit, forest grouse or hare during those times and in those places open to the taking of deer or elk during a modern firearm season, unless the hunter is wearing fluorescent hunter orange clothing.
(6) Persons who are hunting upland game birds during an upland game bird season with a muzzleloading firearm, bow and arrow or falconry are not required to wear fluorescent hunter orange clothing.
(7) Wearing fluorescent hunter orange clothing means: A minimum of 400 square inches of fluorescent hunter orange exterior clothing, worn above the waist and visible from all sides.
(8) A violation of this section is an infraction, punishable under RCW 77.15.160
[Statutory Authority: RCW 77.04.012
, and 77.12.240
. WSR 15-10-061 (Order 15-100), § 232-12-055, filed 5/1/15, effective 6/1/15. Statutory Authority: RCW 77.12.047
. WSR 09-09-083 (Order 09-53), § 232-12-055, filed 4/15/09, effective 5/16/09. Statutory Authority: RCW 77.12.047
. WSR 06-09-021 (Order 06-67), § 232-12-055, filed 4/11/06, effective 5/12/06; WSR 03-16-087 (Order 03-175), § 232-12-055, filed 8/5/03, effective 9/5/03. Statutory Authority: RCW 77.12.010
. WSR 91-08-075 (Order 489), § 232-12-055, filed 4/3/91, effective 9/1/91; WSR 90-22-059 (Order 467), § 232-12-055, filed 11/5/90, effective 9/1/91.]