The installation and operation of portable boat hoists in lakes does not require a HPA, provided:
1. Equipment is not operated below the ordinary high water line during installation;
2. The hoist is not installed at the mouth of any watercourse; and
3. Dredging, filling, or pile driving is not conducted as part of the project. Freshwater boat hoist, ramp, and launch projects shall incorporate mitigation measures as necessary to achieve no-net-loss of productive capacity of fish and shellfish habitat.
The following technical provisions shall apply to boat ramps and launches in freshwater areas.
(1) Structures containing concrete shall be sufficiently cured to prevent leaching prior to contact with water.
(2) All piling, lumber, or other materials treated with preservatives shall be sufficiently cured to minimize leaching into the water or bed. The use of wood treated with creosote or pentachlorophenol is not allowed in lakes.
(3) Overburden material resulting from this project shall be deposited so as not to reenter the water.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 75.08.080
. WSR 94-23-058 (Order 94-160), § 220-110-224, filed 11/14/94, effective 12/15/94.]