To print a page in the WAC, use your browser’s normal print functions (Ctrl-P on a PC, Command-P on a Mac, or File > Print on either). The resulting printed page will show just the content and not the banner at the top, the left-side navigation, or the footer links. To see how the page will look before you print it, use your browser’s Print Preview.
Surplus property—Exceptions to disposal priorities.
Excess and/or surplus property may be disposed of without offering to other state agencies if the director of general administration determines that it is in the best interest of the state. In this event, the following guidelines will apply:
(1) Items will be transferred or sold for reasonable cost if practical.
(2) Items for which a reasonable cost cannot be obtained will be donated to a nonprofit organization (which is registered under state law and exempt from federal income tax liability) with an ongoing equipment rehabilitation program.
(3) Recipients of donated items, if not designated by the director of general administration, will be determined by state surplus property.
(4) Successful donees will be notified by state surplus property and removal will be the responsibility of the donee.
(5) Items that can be documented to have a higher overhead cost than can be realized from their sale, can, at the discretion of the director of general administration, be scrapped or dumped if there is not an acceptable donee organization available.
(6) All surplus actions, including those described in the regulation, will require submittal of the appropriate surplus document form to general administration.
[Statutory Authority: 2011 c 43. WSR 11-23-093, recodified as § 200-360-015, filed 11/17/11, effective 11/17/11. Statutory Authority: RCW 43.19.1919
. WSR 89-18-004 (Order 89-3), § 236-48-1901, filed 8/24/89, effective 9/24/89.]