(1) A final EIS (FEIS) shall be issued by the responsible official and sent to the department of ecology (2 copies), to all agencies with jurisdiction, to all agencies who commented on the DEIS, and to anyone requesting a copy of the FEIS. (Fees may be charged for the FEIS, see WAC 197-11-504
(2) The responsible official shall send the FEIS, or a notice that the FEIS is available, to anyone who commented on the DEIS and to those who received but did not comment on the DEIS. If the agency receives petitions from a specific group or organization, a notice or EIS may be sent to the group and not to each petitioner. Failure to notify any individual under this subsection shall not affect the legal validity of an agency's SEPA compliance.
(3) The lead agency should make additional copies available in its offices for review.
(4) The date of issue is the date the FEIS, or notice of availability, is sent to the persons and agencies specified in the preceding subsections and the FEIS is publicly available. Copies sent to the department of ecology shall satisfy the statutory requirement of availability to the governor and to the ecological commission.
(5) Agencies shall not act on a proposal for which an EIS has been required prior to seven days after issuance of the FEIS.
(6) The lead agency shall issue the FEIS within sixty days of the end of the comment period for the DEIS, unless the proposal is unusually large in scope, the environmental impact associated with the proposal is unusually complex, or extensive modifications are required to respond to public comments.
(7) The form and content of the FEIS is specified in WAC 197-11-560
[Statutory Authority: RCW 43.21C.110
. WSR 84-05-020 (Order DE 83-39), § 197-11-460, filed 2/10/84, effective 4/4/84.]