Health care for workers with disabilities (HWD)—Program description.
This section describes the health care for workers with disabilities (HWD) program.
(1) The HWD program provides categorically needy (CN) scope of care as described in WAC 182-501-0060
(2) The medicaid agency approves HWD coverage for twelve months effective the first of the month in which a person applies and meets program requirements. See WAC 182-511-1100
for "retroactive" coverage for months before the month of application.
(3) A person who is eligible for another medicaid program may choose not to participate in the HWD program.
(4) A person is not eligible for HWD coverage for a month in which the person received medicaid benefits under the medically needy (MN) program.
(5) The HWD program does not provide long-term care (LTC) services described in chapters 182-513
WAC. LTC services include institutional, waivered, and hospice services. To receive LTC services, a person must qualify and participate in the cost of care according to the rules of those programs.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 41.05.021
and 41.05.160. WSR 15-14-080, § 182-511-1000, filed 6/29/15, effective 7/30/15. WSR 11-24-018, recodified as § 182-511-1000, filed 11/29/11, effective 12/1/11. Statutory Authority: RCW 74.04.050
, 74.08.090, 74.09.530, and 74.09.700. WSR 06-24-036, § 388-475-1000, filed 11/30/06, effective 1/1/07. Statutory Authority: RCW 74.08.090
, Section 1902 (a)(10)(A)(ii) of the Social Security Act, and 2001 c 7 § 209(5), Part II. WSR 02-01-073, § 388-475-1000, filed 12/14/01, effective 1/14/02.]