This section describes the health care for workers with disabilities (HWD) program.
(1) The HWD program provides categorically needy (CN) scope of care as described in WAC 388-501-0060
(2) The department approves HWD coverage for twelve months effective the first of the month in which a person applies and meets program requirements. See WAC 388-475-1100
for "retroactive" coverage for months before the month of application.
(3) A person who is eligible for another medicaid program may choose not to participate in the HWD program.
(4) A person is not eligible for HWD coverage for a month in which the person received medicaid benefits under the medically needy (MN) program.
(5) The HWD program does not provide long-term care (LTC) services described in chapters 388-513
WAC. LTC services include institutional, waivered, and hospice services. To receive LTC services, a person must qualify and participate in the cost of care according to the rules of those programs.
[11-24-018, recodified as WAC 182-511-1000, filed 11/29/11, effective 12/1/11. Statutory Authority: RCW 74.04.050, 74.08.090, 74.09.530, and 74.09.700. 06-24-036, § 388-475-1000, filed 11/30/06, effective 1/1/07. Statutory Authority: RCW 74.08.090, Section 1902 (a)(10)(A)(ii) of the Social Security Act, and 2001 c 7 § 209(5), Part II. 02-01-073, § 388-475-1000, filed 12/14/01, effective 1/14/02.]