For the purposes of WAC 174-280-010
, the following terms shall have the definitions shown:
(1) A "student" is any person who is or has been registered at Evergreen, with respect to whom Evergreen maintains educational records or other information personally identifiable by name, identification number, or other names of recognition.
(2) The term "educational records" means those records, files, documents and other materials maintained by Evergreen which contain information directly related to the individual student.
(3) The term "directory information" means the student's name, address, telephone number, dates of attendance, date and place of birth, major field of study, participation in officially recognized activities and sports, degrees and awards received, and the most recent previous educational agency or institution attended by the student.
(4) The term "crime of violence" means:
(a) An offense that has as an element the use, attempted use, or threatened use of physical force against the person or property of another; or
(b) Any other offense that is a felony and that, by its nature involves a substantial risk that physical force against the person or property of another may be used in the course of committing the offense.
(5) "Sex offense" is any sexual act directed against another individual, forcibly and/or against their will; or nonforcibly and/or against their will where the individual is incapable of giving consent.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 28B.40.120(12). 99-12-024, § 174-280-015, filed 5/25/99, effective 6/25/99. Statutory Authority: Chapter 34.05 RCW. 90-04-011, § 174-280-015, filed 1/26/90, effective 2/26/90.]