Submittal to department of proposed master programs/amendments.
A master program or amendment proposed by local government shall be submitted to the department for its review and formal action. A complete submittal shall include two copies of the following, where applicable:
(1) Documentation (i.e., signed resolution or ordinance) that the proposal has been approved by the local government;
(2) If the proposal includes text amending a master program document of record, it shall be submitted in a form that can replace or be easily incorporated within the existing document. Amended text shall show strikeouts for deleted text and underlining for new text, clearly identifying the proposed changes. At the discretion of the department, strikeouts and underlined text may not be required provided the new or deleted portions of the master program are clearly identifiable;
(3) Amended environment designation map(s), showing both existing and proposed designations, together with corresponding boundaries described in text for each change of environment. All proposals for changes in environment designation and redesignation shall provide written justification for such based on existing development patterns, the biophysical capabilities and limitations of the shoreline being considered, and the goals and aspirations of the local citizenry as reflected in the locally adopted comprehensive land use plan;
(4) A summary of proposed amendments together with explanatory text indicating the scope and intent of the proposal, staff reports, records of the hearing, and/or other materials which document the necessity for the proposed changes to the master program;
(5) Evidence of compliance with chapter 43.21C
RCW, the State Environmental Policy Act, specific to the proposal;
(6) Evidence of compliance with the public notice and consultation requirements of WAC 173-26-100
(7) Copies of all public, agency and tribal comments received, including a record of names and addresses of interested parties involved in the local government review process or, where no comments have been received, a comment to that effect.
(8) A copy of the master program submittal checklist completed in accordance with WAC 173-26-201
(2)(f) and (3)(a) and (h).
(9) For comprehensive master program updates, copies of the inventory and characterization, use analysis, restoration plan and cumulative impacts analysis.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 90.58.120
. WSR 11-05-064 (Order 10-07), § 173-26-110, filed 2/11/11, effective 3/14/11. Statutory Authority: RCW 90.58.140
(3) and [90.58].200. WSR 96-20-075 (Order 95-17), § 173-26-110, filed 9/30/96, effective 10/31/96.]