(1) Before constructing or modifying domestic wastewater facilities, engineering reports and plans and specifications for the project must be submitted to and approved by the department, except as noted in WAC 173-240-030
(2) All reports and plans and specifications must be submitted by the owner or the owner's authorized representative consistent with a compliance schedule issued by the department or at least sixty days before the time approval is desired.
(3) Construction or modification of domestic wastewater facilities shall conform to the following schedule of tasks unless otherwise modified by these rules:
(a) Submission and approval of engineering report;
(b) Submission and approval of plans and specifications;
(c) Submission and approval of construction quality assurance plan;
(d) Submission and approval of draft operation and maintenance manual;
(e) Declaration of completion of construction by the project engineer; and
(f) Submission of complete operation and maintenance manual.
(4) Where two or more years has lapsed since approval of the engineering report or plans and specifications and construction has not begun, it may be necessary to update that document to reflect changed conditions such as: Water quality, services availability, regulatory requirements, or engineering technology.
(5) If the local government entity has received department approval of a general sewer plan and standard design criteria, engineering reports and plans and specifications for sewer line extensions, including pump stations, are not required to be submitted for approval. In this case the entity need only provide a description of the project and written assurance that the extension is in conformance with the general sewer plan. However, in the following situations specific department approval is necessary for sewer line extensions before construction:
(a) The proposed sewers, or pump stations involve installation of overflows or bypasses; or
(b) The proposed sewers, pump or lift stations discharge to an overloaded treatment, collection, or disposal facility.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 90.48.110. 00-15-021 (Order 00-09), § 173-240-030, filed 7/11/00, effective 8/11/00. Statutory Authority: Chapters 43.21A and 90.48 RCW. 83-23-063 (Order DE 83-30), § 173-240-030, filed 11/16/83. Statutory Authority: RCW 90.48.110. 79-02-033 (Order DE 78-10), § 173-240-030, filed 1/23/79. Formerly chapter 372-20 WAC.]