170-295-7050  <<  170-295-7060 >>   170-295-7070

What injuries and illnesses or child abuse and neglect must I report?

You or your staff must report immediately:
(1) A death or a serious injury or illness that requires medical treatment or hospitalization of a child in care must be reported by telephone and in writing to the parent, licensor, and child's social worker, if the child has a social worker;
(2) Any instance when you or your staff have reason to suspect the occurrence of any physical, sexual, or emotional child abuse or child neglect, child endangerment, or child exploitation as required under described in chapter 26.44 RCW. You may make a report by calling the statewide number at 1- 800-562-5624 or 1-866-ENDHARM; and
(3) An occurrence of food poisoning or reportable contagious disease, as required by the state board of health to the local public health department and to the licensor, by telephone.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 43.215.060, 43.215.070, and chapter 43.215 RCW. WSR 13-21-109, § 170-295-7060, filed 10/22/13, effective 11/22/13. Statutory Authority: Chapter 43.215 RCW and 2006 c 265. WSR 08-08-012, § 170-295-7060, filed 3/19/08, effective 4/19/08. WSR 06-15-075, recodified as § 170-295-7060, filed 7/13/06, effective 7/13/06. Statutory Authority: Chapters 74.12 and 74.15 RCW. WSR 03-14-110, § 388-295-7060, filed 6/30/03, effective 8/1/03.]
Site Contents
Selected content listed in alphabetical order under each group