170-295-5060  <<  170-295-5080 >>   170-295-5090

How do I safely get rid of sewage and liquid wastes?

(1) You must dispose of sewage and liquid waste into a public sewer system or approved on-site sewage disposal system (septic system) designed, constructed and maintained as required in chapters 246-272A and 173-240 WAC and local ordinances.
(2) If you have an on-site sewage system, you must:
(a) Have written verification that the system has been approved by the department of health or local health jurisdiction; and
(b) Locate your drain field and venting to be sure that:
(i) Playgrounds are not on and do not interfere with the access to or operation of the on-site sewage system including the drain field; and
(ii) That drain field venting does not vent onto the playground.
[Statutory Authority: Chapter 43.215 RCW and 2006 c 265. WSR 08-08-012, § 170-295-5080, filed 3/19/08, effective 4/19/08. WSR 06-15-075, recodified as § 170-295-5080, filed 7/13/06, effective 7/13/06. Statutory Authority: Chapters 74.12 and 74.15 RCW. WSR 03-14-110, § 388-295-5080, filed 6/30/03, effective 8/1/03.]
Site Contents
Selected content listed in alphabetical order under each group