170-295-0030  <<  170-295-0040 >>   170-295-0050

Do I have to follow any other regulations or have any other inspections?

(1) Prior to becoming licensed by us to operate a child care center, you must:
(a) Have a certificate of occupancy issued by your local building department; and
(b) Be inspected by the state fire marshal.
(2) In addition to the requirements of this chapter, you are also responsible for complying with any local building ordinances. Local officials are responsible for enforcing city ordinances and county codes, such as zoning and building regulations. You must contact your local building jurisdiction to determine if local ordinances are different than our standards. If you encounter conflicts or differing interpretations, contact us immediately.
(3) We must notify the local planning office of your intention to operate a child care center within the local jurisdiction.
(4) Other state agencies such as labor and industries, the Fire Marshal and the department of health have regulations that apply to child care centers. You are responsible to contact those agencies to obtain their regulations. The other agencies are responsible to monitor and enforce their regulations.
[WSR 06-15-075, recodified as § 170-295-0040, filed 7/13/06, effective 7/13/06. Statutory Authority: Chapters 74.12 and 74.15 RCW. WSR 03-14-110, § 388-295-0040, filed 6/30/03, effective 8/1/03.]
Site Contents
Selected content listed in alphabetical order under each group