(1) A prehearing conference is a formal meeting that may be conducted by an ALJ before a full hearing. A prehearing conference may not be conducted in some cases. In others, more than one prehearing conference may be necessary.
(2) Either the ALJ or a party may request a prehearing conference, but the ALJ decides whether to hold a prehearing conference. OAH sends notice of the time and date of the prehearing conference to all parties.
(3) An ALJ may conduct the prehearing conference in person, by telephone conference call, by electronic means, or in any other manner acceptable to the parties.
(4) Attendance of the parties and their representatives is mandatory. A party may lose the right to participate during the hearing if that party and their representative does not attend the prehearing conference. Your appeal may be dismissed if you and your representative do not attend.
(5) Additional prehearing conferences may be requested by the parties and/or set by the ALJ to address the procedural or other issues specific to the case.
[Statutory Authority: Chapter 43.215 RCW, RCW 34.05.220, chapter 34.05 RCW, 2006 c 265. 08-06-102, § 170-03-0180, filed 3/5/08, effective 4/5/08.]