Pursuant to the authority granted by chapter 82, Laws of 1979 ex. sess. [regular sess.] [RCW 28B.15.535
(3)], the board of trustees of Tacoma Community College District 22 hereby waives tuition, operating and service and activities fees for full-time employees under the following conditions:
(1) Enrollment shall be on a space-available basis after opportunity has been given for other students to register for courses offered by the district.
(2) No new or additional courses or course sections shall be created for the purpose of accommodating enrollments of students enrolled on the basis of waivers under this section.
(3) Enrollment information on employees enrolled on a space-available basis shall be maintained separately from other enrollment information and shall not be included in official enrollment reports, nor shall persons enrolled pursuant to the provisions of this section be considered in any enrollment statistics which would affect budgetary determinations.
(4) Computations of enrollment levels, student-faculty ratio, or other similar enrollment rated statistics must exclude student credit hours generated by enrollments for which waivers have been granted under this section.
(5) Employees enrolling on a space-available basis shall be charged a registration fee of five dollars per quarter and a one-time records fee of five dollars.
(6) The number of courses per quarter for which an employee may enroll pursuant to this section shall be limited to no more than ten quarter hours per quarter.
(7) Employees taking tuition-free courses may do so after their normal working hours. Any exception will require special permission of the employee's supervising dean, and the employee will be required to make up the time during the same work day.
(8) Courses taken on a tuition-free basis may count as professional improvement units for academic employees provided established district procedures are followed.
(9) The definition of full-time administrative and professional employees, for the purposes of this act, shall be as stated in district policy. The definition of full-time classified employee shall be as stated in WAC 251-04-020
[Statutory Authority: RCW 28B.15.535(3) and chapter 28B.15 RCW. 80-01-006 (Resolution No. 79-12), § 132V-11-010, filed 12/11/79.]