The specific use of school facilities shall be governed by the regulations consistent with the intent of the policy. Primary consideration shall be given at all times to activities specifically related to the college's mission, and no arrangements shall be made that may interfere with, or operate to the detriment of, the college's own teaching, research or public service programs. These regulations shall be as follows:
(1) Requests for facility use must be submitted by means of a facility use form to the business office of Columbia Basin College.
(2) A Columbia Basin College employee must be assigned to the building during the scheduled time the facility is to be used.
(3) The administration reserves the right to deny or cancel any application for use when such use, or meeting, may in any way be prejudicial to the best interest of the school or for which satisfactory sponsorship is not provided. Review of such action may be carried to the board of trustees. The college may deny or cancel use of its facilities to any individual, group or organization if the requested use would:
(1) Interfere or conflict with the college's instructional, student services, or support programs;
(2) Interfere with the free flow of pedestrian or vehicular traffic on campus;
(3) Involve illegal activity;
(4) Create a hazard or result in damage to college facilities; or
(5) Create undue stress on college resources[.]
(4) Applications for college facility use which may be considered a major policy decision not fully covered by this existing policy statement may be referred directly to the administration for disposition. Any individual or group granted permission to use college facilities shall agree in advance to abide by all college rules and regulations. The college reserves the right to deny use of college facilities to any individual or group whose past conduct indicates a likelihood that college rules and regulations will not be obeyed. The college may also deny use to a requesting individual or organization which has used the facilities in the past and has damaged college property, left college buildings and grounds in excessive disorder, or failed to cooperate with college staff regarding use of the facilities.
(5) Rental charges shall be levied per twenty-four hour setting on the following basis:
[AMENDATORY SECTION (Amending Order 82-1, filed 10/11/82)]
| ||(a) ||Instructional use - Wherein facility is used |
for instructionally related activities, either
by the college or by another post secondary
institution . . . . . . . . . . . . NO CHARGE
| ||(b) ||Student use - Where the use has been sche- |
duled through the student activities office
and is primarily for an activity that directs
itself toward the benefit of Columbia Basin
College ASB card holders . . . . . . . . . . . . NO CHARGE
| ||(c) ||Community activities - All other uses which are noninstructional and nonstudent sponsored: |
| Category I - Use which results in a community benefit and is usually arranged for by a nonprofit civic organization . . . . Charge to be determined by the vice-president of administration to cover expenses. |
| Category II - Use by nonprofit community group[s] . . . . . . . . The schedule for such rentals shall be as follows: |
|[(i)] [(1)] || Theater ||$125 ||Plus additional set up fees |
|[(ii)] [(2)] || Theater |
|$150 ||Plus additional set up fees |
|[(iii)] [(3)] ||Gym ||$100-500 ||Plus additional set up fees |
|[(4)] ||Soccer Fields/Baseball Fields ||$300-500 ||Plus additional set up fees |
|[(iv)] [(5)] || || || |
|[(v)] [(5)] ||Lecture Room ||$30 ||Plus additional set up fees |
|[(vi)] [(6)] ||Classroom ||$15 ||Plus additional set up fees |
|(7) ||Conference Room ||$30-300/ |
|Plus additional set up fees |
|(8) ||HUB ||$75 ||Plus additional set up fees |
|(9) ||Byron Gjerde Multipur-pose Ctr ||TBD by ASCBC || |
|(10) ||Byron Gjerde Atrium Area ||TBD by ASCBC || |
The base rate for facilities will be adjusted periodically only as allowed by law. The college reserves the right to make pricing changes without prior written notice, except that such price changes shall not apply to facility use agreements already approved in writing by the administration.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 28B.50.140(7). 05-23-112, § 132S-50-020, filed 11/18/05, effective 12/19/05. Statutory Authority: RCW 28B.50.140 and chapter 28B.19 RCW. 82-21-012 (Order 82-1), § 132S-50-020, filed 10/11/82. Formerly WAC 132S-136-020.]
Reviser's note: RCW 34.05.395 requires the use of underlining and deletion marks to indicate amendments to existing rules, and deems ineffectual changes not filed by the agency in this manner. The bracketed material in the above section does not appear to conform to the statutory requirement.