To print a page in the WAC, use your browser’s normal print functions (Ctrl-P on a PC, Command-P on a Mac, or File > Print on either). The resulting printed page will show just the content and not the banner at the top, the left-side navigation, or the footer links. To see how the page will look before you print it, use your browser’s Print Preview.
Review committees generally.
(1) Except as provided in a contrary, currently effective provision of a faculty collective bargaining agreement, tenure and dismissal review committees shall be constituted and conducted under this chapter and as further directed by the college president.
(2) The president is authorized to take all necessary actions to assure the composition and appointment of a valid and effective review committee, in accordance with RCW 28B.50.869
and/or other applicable law. If the president determines that there is no effective election or appointment to a position on a review committee, the president may declare that position vacant and either appoint a replacement (if it is an administrative staff member) or request an appointment by the student association or faculty bargaining representative, as appropriate. The association or bargaining representative shall convene any necessary meeting(s), make the appointment, and so advise the president within ten calendar days of receiving notification. If the association or bargaining representative fails to so advise of an appointment within ten days, without an extension of that deadline by the president, the association or bargaining representative shall be deemed to have waived its right to participate in the appointment and the president may conduct whatever meeting(s) may be appropriate to secure the appointment.
(3) A review committee shall meet at a time and location designated by the president, after at least three days' notice to all its members, unless its members agree to a different time and/or location. At its first meeting, the committee shall elect a chair, who thereafter shall maintain all committee records.
(4) Review committee deliberations shall be kept confidential to the extent permitted by law, except for evaluation information shared with a probationer.
(5) The review committee shall report to the board of trustees within any deadline set by the president or the board.
(6) A review committee's failure to properly perform its function shall not prevent the board of trustees from making a decision, after giving appropriate consideration to any recommendations of committee members and/or appropriate administrators.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 28B.50.852
. WSR 94-04-053, § 132J-128-210, filed 1/31/94, effective 3/3/94.]