The RAP biennial program cycle consists of the following basic steps:
(1) The CRABoard establishes a funding period if it determines that sufficient future RATA funds are available to provide for new RAP projects. This determination takes place during the CRABoard's regularly scheduled fall meeting in odd-numbered years.
Consistent with WAC 136-130-020
, should the board determine there are adequate RATA funds available to be allocated to each region and, under advisement from each region, the board's action shall include the determination of the amount to be allocated to each project type within each region. The board's RATA funding allocation may include all or any subset of the project types described under WAC 136-130-020
, and this decision may be unique to each region and may vary between funding periods.
(2) Each eligible county prepares and submits a preliminary prospectus to the county road administration board;
(3) County road administration board staff conducts a field review of each preliminary prospectus and provides to each submitting county an evaluation and scoring of all priority elements which are based on a visual examination, using that region's priority rating process;
(4) Each eligible county prepares and submits a final prospectus to the county road administration board;
(5) For each final prospectus submitted, county road administration board staff computes the total priority rating score and assembles all projects into rank-ordered arrays by region; and
(6) The county road administration board reviews the rank-ordered arrays in each region and, based upon the RATA funds projected to be allocable for the next project program period (see WAC 136-161-070
), selects and approves specific projects for RATA funding.
[Statutory Authority: Chapter 36.78 RCW. 11-05-005, § 136-161-020, filed 2/3/11, effective 3/6/11. Statutory Authority: Chapter 36.79 RCW. 01-05-009, § 136-161-020, filed 2/8/01, effective 3/11/01; 99-01-021, § 136-161-020, filed 12/7/98, effective 1/7/99. Statutory Authority: RCW 36.79.060. 94-16-111, § 136-161-020, filed 8/2/94, effective 9/2/94.]