For purposes of this chapter:
(1) "Viability" means the point in the pregnancy when, in the judgment of the physician on the particular facts of the case before such physician, there is a reasonable likelihood of the fetus's sustained survival outside the uterus without the application of extraordinary medical measures.
(2) "Abortion" means any medical treatment intended to induce the termination of a pregnancy except for the purpose of producing a live birth.
(3) "Pregnancy" means the reproductive process beginning with the implantation of an embryo.
(4) "Physician" means a physician licensed to practice under chapter 18.57 or 18.71 RCW in the state of Washington.
(5) "Health care provider" means a physician or a person acting under the general direction of a physician.
(6) "State" means the state of Washington and counties, cities, towns, municipal corporations, and quasi-municipal corporations in the state of Washington.
(7) "Private medical facility" means any medical facility that is not owned or operated by the state.
[1992 c 1 § 8 (Initiative Measure No. 120, approved November 5, 1991).]