To print a page in the RCW, use your browser’s normal print functions (Ctrl-P on a PC, Command-P on a Mac, or File > Print on either). The resulting printed page will show just the content and not the banner at the top, the left-side navigation, or the footer links. To see how the page will look before you print it, use your browser’s Print Preview.

88.02.610  <<  88.02.620 >>   88.02.640

RCW 88.02.620

Nonresident vessel permit.

*** CHANGE IN 2015 *** (SEE 6057-S.SL) ***

(1) A vessel owner who is a nonresident natural person shall apply for a nonresident vessel permit on or before the sixty-first day of use in Washington state if the vessel:
(a) Is currently registered or numbered under the laws of the state of principal operation or has been issued a valid number under federal law; and
(b) Has been brought into Washington state for personal use for not more than six months in any continuous twelve-month period.
(2) A nonresident vessel permit:
(a) May be obtained from the department, county auditor or other agent, or subagent appointed by the director;
(b) Must show the date the vessel first came into Washington state; and
(c) Is valid for two months.
(3) The department, county auditor or other agent, or subagent appointed by the director shall collect the fee required in *RCW 88.02.640(1)(h) when issuing nonresident vessel permits.
(4) A nonresident vessel permit is not required under this section if the vessel is used in conducting temporary business activity within Washington state.
(5) The department shall adopt rules to implement this section, including rules on issuing and displaying the nonresident vessel permit. [2011 c 171 § 133; 2010 c 161 § 1027.
[2011 c 171 § 133; 2010 c 161 § 1027.]
*Reviser's note: RCW 88.02.640 was amended by 2012 c 74 § 16, changing subsection (1)(h) to subsection (1)(i).
IntentEffective date2011 c 171: See notes following RCW 4.24.210.
Effective dateIntentLegislation to reconcile chapter 161, Laws of 2010 and other amendments made during the 2010 legislative session2010 c 161: See notes following RCW 46.04.013.