Distributor's license, retailer's license — Application — Approval — Display.
(1) The licenses issuable by the board under this chapter are as follows:
(a) A distributor's license; and
(b) A retailer's license.
(2) Application for the licenses shall be made through the master license system under chapter 19.02 RCW. The board may adopt rules regarding the regulation of the licenses. The board may refuse to issue any license under this chapter if the board has reasonable cause to believe that the applicant has willfully withheld information requested for the purpose of determining the eligibility of the applicant to receive a license, or if the board has reasonable cause to believe that information submitted in the application is false or misleading or is not made in good faith. In addition, for the purpose of reviewing an application for a distributor's license or retailer's license and for considering the denial, suspension, or revocation of any such license, the board may consider criminal conduct of the applicant, including an administrative violation history record with the board and a criminal history record information check within the previous five years, in any state, tribal, or federal jurisdiction in the United States, its territories, or possessions, and the provisions of RCW 9.95.240 and chapter 9.96A RCW shall not apply to such cases. The board may, in its discretion, issue or refuse to issue the distributor's license or retailer's license, subject to the provisions of RCW 82.26.220.
(3) No person may qualify for a distributor's license or a retailer's license under this section without first undergoing a criminal background check. The background check shall be performed by the board and must disclose any criminal conduct within the previous five years in any state, tribal, or federal jurisdiction in the United States, its territories, or possessions. If the applicant or licensee also has a license issued under chapter 66.24 or 82.24 RCW, the background check done under the authority of chapter 66.24 or 82.24 RCW satisfies the requirements of this section.
(4) Each license issued under this chapter shall expire on the master license expiration date. The license shall be continued annually if the licensee has paid the required fee and complied with all the provisions of this chapter and the rules of the board adopted pursuant to this chapter.
(5) Each license and any other evidence of the license required under this chapter must be exhibited in each place of business for which it is issued and in the manner required for the display of a master license.
[2009 c 154 § 4; 2005 c 180 § 11.]
| Effective date -- 2005 c 180: See note following RCW 82.26.105.|