The department may do the following with respect to the portion of the Milwaukee Road corridor under its control:
(1) Enter into agreements to allow the realignment or modification of public roads, farm crossings, water conveyance facilities, and other utility crossings;
(2) Regulate activities and restrict uses, including, but not limited to, closing portions of the corridor to reduce fire danger or protect public safety in consultation with local legislative authorities or fire districts;
(3) Place hazard warning signs and close hazardous structures;
(4) Renegotiate deed restrictions upon agreement with affected parties; and
(5) Approve and process the sale or exchange of lands or easements if (a) such a sale or exchange will not adversely affect the recreational, transportation, or utility potential of the corridor and (b) the department has not entered into a lease of the property in accordance with RCW 79.73.040.
[2003 c 334 § 458; 1984 c 174 § 8. Formerly RCW 79.08.279.]
| Intent -- 2003 c 334: See note following RCW 79.02.010.|
Purpose -- 1984 c 174: See note following RCW 79A.05.315.