Unless the context clearly requires otherwise, the definitions in this section apply throughout this chapter.
(1) "Community and urban forest" is that land in and around human settlements ranging from small communities to metropolitan areas, occupied or potentially occupied by trees and associated vegetation. Community and urban forest land may be planted or unplanted, used or unused, and includes public and private lands, lands along transportation and utility corridors, and forested watershed lands within populated areas.
(2) "Community and urban forest assessment" has the same meaning as defined in RCW 35.105.010.
(3) "Community and urban forest inventory" has the same meaning as defined in RCW 35.105.010.
(4) "Community and urban forestry" means the planning, establishment, protection, care, and management of trees and associated plants individually, in small groups, or under forest conditions within municipalities and counties.
(5) "Department" means the department of natural resources.
(6) "Municipality" means a city, town, port district, public school district, community college district, irrigation district, weed control district, park district, or other political subdivision of the state.
(7) "Person" means an individual, partnership, private or public municipal corporation, Indian tribe, state entity, county or local governmental entity, or association of individuals of whatever nature.
[2008 c 299 § 23; 2000 c 11 § 15; 1991 c 179 § 3.]
| Short title -- 2008 c 299: See note following RCW 35.105.010.|