Establishing community placement oversight committees — Review and recommendations — Liability — Travel expenses — Notice to law enforcement of placement decisions.
(1) Promptly following the report due under section 17, chapter 269, Laws of 1998, the secretary shall develop a process with local governments that allows each community to establish a community placement oversight committee. The department may conduct community awareness activities. The community placement oversight committees developed pursuant to this section shall be implemented no later than September 1, 1999.
(2) The community placement oversight committees may review and make recommendations regarding the placement of any juvenile who the secretary proposes to place in the community facility.
(3) The community placement oversight committees, their members, and any agency represented by a member shall not be liable in any cause of action as a result of its decision in regard to a proposed placement of a juvenile unless the committee acts with gross negligence or bad faith in making a placement decision.
(4) Members of the committee shall be reimbursed for travel expenses as provided in RCW 43.03.050 and 43.03.060.
(5) Except as provided in RCW 13.40.215, at least seventy-two hours prior to placing a juvenile in a community facility the secretary shall provide to the chief law enforcement officer of the jurisdiction in which the community facility is sited: (a) The name of the juvenile; (b) the juvenile's criminal history; and (c) such other relevant and disclosable information as the law enforcement officer may require.
[1998 c 269 § 9.]
| Intent -- Finding -- Effective date -- 1998 c 269: See notes following RCW 72.05.020.|