Community protection program — Appeals — Rules — Notice.
(1) Individuals receiving services through the department's community protection waiver retain all appeal rights provided for in RCW 71A.10.050. In addition, such individuals have a right to an administrative hearing pursuant to chapter 34.05 RCW to appeal the following decisions by the department:
(a) Termination of community protection waiver eligibility;
(b) Assignment of the applicant to the community protection waiver;
(c) Denial of a request for less restrictive community residential placement.
(2) Final administrative decisions may be appealed pursuant to the provisions of RCW 34.05.510.
(3) The secretary shall adopt rules concerning the procedure applicable to requests for hearings under this section and governing the conduct thereof.
(4) When the department takes any action described in subsection (1) of this section it shall give notice as provided by RCW 71A.10.060. The notice must include a statement advising the person enrolled on the community protection waiver of the right to an adjudicative proceeding and the time limits for filing an application for an adjudicative proceeding. Notice must also include a statement advising the recipient of the right to file a petition for judicial review of a final administrative decision as provided in chapter 34.05 RCW.
(5) Nothing in this section creates an entitlement to placement on the community protection waiver nor does it create a right to an administrative hearing on department decisions denying placement on the community protection waiver.
[2006 c 303 § 5.]