Unless the context clearly requires a different meaning, the definitions in this section apply throughout this chapter.
(1) "Department" means the department of health.
(2) "Secretary" means the secretary of health.
(3) "Site" means the restricted area as defined by the United States nuclear regulatory commission.
(4) "Tailings" means the residue remaining after extraction of uranium or thorium from the ore whether or not the residue is left in piles, but shall not include ore bodies nor ore stock piles.
(5) "License" means a radioactive materials license issued under chapter 70.98 RCW and the rules adopted under chapter 70.98 RCW.
(6) "Termination of license" means the cancellation of the license after permanent cessation of operations. Temporary interruptions or suspensions of production due to economic or other conditions are not a permanent cessation of operations.
(7) "Milling" means grinding, cutting, working, or concentrating ore which has been extracted from the earth by mechanical (conventional) or chemical (in situ) processes.
(8) "Obligor-licensee" means any person who obtains a license to operate a uranium or thorium mill in the state of Washington or any person who owns the property on which the mill operates and who owes money to the state for the licensing fee, for reclamation of the site, for perpetual surveillance and maintenance of the site, or for any other obligation owed the state under this chapter.
(9) "Statement of claim" means the document recorded or filed pursuant to this chapter, which names an obligor-licensee, names the state as obligee, describes the obligation owed to the state, and describes property owned by the obligor-licensee on which a lien will attach for the benefit of the state, and which creates the lien when filed.
[1991 c 3 § 372; 1987 c 184 § 1; 1982 c 78 § 1; 1979 ex.s. c 110 § 2.]
| Effective date -- 1979 ex.s. c 110: See note following RCW 70.121.010.|