Unless the context clearly requires otherwise, the definitions in this section apply throughout this chapter.
(1) "Compact committee" means the organization of officials from the party states that is authorized and empowered by the live horse racing compact to carry out the purposes of the compact.
(2) "Official" means the appointed, elected, designated, or otherwise duly selected member of a racing commission or the equivalent thereof in a party state who represents that party state as a member of the compact committee.
(3) "Participants in live racing" means participants in live horse racing with pari-mutuel wagering in the party states.
(4) "Party state" means each state that has enacted the live horse racing compact.
(5) "State" means each of the several states of the United States, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, and each territory or possession of the United States.
[2001 c 18 § 2.]