66.12.110  <<  66.12.120 >>   66.12.125

RCW 66.12.120

Bringing alcoholic beverages into state from another state—Payment of markup and tax.

*** CHANGE IN 2016 *** (SEE 6470-S.SL) ***

Notwithstanding any other provision of Title 66 RCW, a person twenty-one years of age or over may, free of tax and markup, for personal or household use, bring into the state of Washington from another state no more than once per calendar month up to two liters of spirits or wine or two hundred eighty-eight ounces of beer. Additionally, such person may be authorized by the board to bring into the state of Washington from another state a reasonable amount of alcoholic beverages in excess of that provided in this section for personal or household use only upon payment of an equivalent markup and tax as would be applicable to the purchase of the same or similar liquor at retail from a state liquor store. The board shall adopt appropriate regulations pursuant to chapter 34.05 RCW for the purpose of carrying into effect the provisions of this section.
SeverabilityEffective date1975 1st ex.s. c 173: See notes following RCW 66.08.050.