Asbestos projects — Rules — Fees — Asbestos account.
(1) The department shall administer this chapter.
(2) The director of the department shall adopt, in accordance with chapters 34.05 and 49.17 RCW, rules necessary to carry out this chapter.
(3) The department shall prescribe fees for the issuance and renewal of certificates, including recertification, and the administration of examinations, and for the review of training courses.
(4) The asbestos account is hereby established in the state treasury. All fees collected under this chapter shall be deposited in the account. Moneys in the account shall be spent after appropriation only for costs incurred by the department in the administration and enforcement of this chapter. Disbursements from the account shall be on authorization of the director of the department or the director's designee.
(5) During the 2003-2005 fiscal biennium, the legislature may transfer from the asbestos account to the state general fund such amounts as reflect the excess fund balance in the account.
[2003 1st sp.s. c 25 § 924; 1989 c 154 § 9. Prior: 1988 c 271 § 15; 1987 c 219 § 1; 1985 c 387 § 3.]
| Severability -- Effective date -- 2003 1st sp.s. c 25: See notes following RCW 19.28.351.|
Purpose -- Severability -- 1989 c 154: See notes following RCW 49.26.013.