State route No. 520 improvements — Review of project design plans — Goals.
In developing the state route number 520 project impact plan provided in RCW 47.01.405, the mediator and associated planning staff shall review the department's project design plans in the draft environmental impact statement for conformance with the following legislative goals regarding the final design for the state route number 520 bridge replacement and HOV project:
(1) Minimize the total footprint and width of the bridge, and seek appropriate federal design variances to safety and mobility standards, while complying with other federal laws;
(2) Minimize the project impact on surrounding neighborhoods, including incorporation of green lids and connectors, and minimize any increases in additional traffic volumes through the Washington park arboretum and other adjacent neighborhoods;
(3) Incorporate the recommendations of a health impact assessment to calculate the project's impact on air quality, carbon emissions, and other public health issues, conducted by the Puget Sound clean air agency and King county public health;
(4) Ensure that the ultimate project configuration effectively prioritizes maintaining travel time, speed, and reliability on the two high occupancy vehicle lanes; and
(5) Clearly articulate in required environmental documents the alignment of the selected preferred alternative for the state route number 520 bridge replacement and HOV project and the footprint of the project and the affected areas.
[2007 c 517 § 3.]
| Finding -- Severability -- Effective date -- 2007 c 517: See notes following RCW 47.01.405.|