Registration required — Penalty.
(1) A person shall not engage in or offer to engage in the activities of a registered tow truck operator without a current registration certificate from the department of licensing authorizing him or her to engage in such activities.
(2) Any person engaging in or offering to engage in the activities of a registered tow truck operator without the registration certificate required by this chapter is guilty of a gross misdemeanor.
(3) A registered operator who engages in a business practice that is prohibited under this chapter may be issued a notice of traffic infraction under chapter 46.63 RCW and is also subject to the civil penalties that may be imposed by the department under this chapter.
(4) A person found to have committed an offense that is a traffic infraction under this chapter is subject to a monetary penalty of at least two hundred fifty dollars.
(5) All traffic infractions issued under this chapter shall be under the jurisdiction of the district court in whose jurisdiction they were issued.
[2003 c 53 § 243; 1989 c 111 § 2; 1985 c 377 § 2.]
| Intent -- Effective date -- 2003 c 53: See notes following RCW 2.48.180.|