Registrations — Original and renewal application — Requirements — Decals — Out-of-state operators.
(1) The application for an original ORV registration has the same requirements as described for original vehicle registrations in RCW 46.16A.040 and must be accompanied by the annual off-road vehicle license fee required under RCW 46.17.350, in addition to any other fees or taxes due for the application.
(2) The application for renewal of an ORV registration has the same requirements as described for the renewal of vehicle registrations in RCW 46.16A.110 and must be accompanied by the annual off-road vehicle license fee required under RCW 46.17.350, in addition to any other fees or taxes due for the application.
(3) The annual ORV registration is valid for one year and may be renewed each subsequent year as prescribed by the department.
(4) A person who acquires an off-road vehicle that has an ORV registration must:
(a) Apply to the department, county auditor or other agent, or subagent appointed by the director for a transfer of the ORV registration within fifteen days of taking possession of the off-road vehicle; and
(b) Pay the ORV registration transfer fee required under RCW 46.17.410, in addition to any other fees or taxes due at the time of application.
(5) The department shall issue an ORV registration, decals, and tabs upon receipt of:
(a) A properly completed application for an original ORV registration; and
(b) The payment of all fees and taxes due at the time of application.
(6) The ORV registration must be carried on the vehicle for which it was issued at all times during its operation in this state.
(7) Off-road vehicle decals must be affixed to the off-road vehicle in a manner prescribed by the department.
(8) Unless exempt under RCW 46.09.420, any out-of-state operator of an off-road vehicle, when operating in this state, must comply with this chapter. If an ORV registration is required under this chapter, the out-of-state operator must obtain an ORV registration and decal or a temporary ORV use permit.
[2010 c 161 § 218; 2004 c 106 § 1; 2002 c 352 § 1; 1997 c 241 § 1; 1986 c 206 § 4; 1977 ex.s. c 220 § 6; 1972 ex.s. c 153 § 8; 1971 ex.s. c 47 § 12. Formerly RCW 46.09.070.]
| Effective date -- Intent -- Legislation to reconcile chapter 161, Laws of 2010 and other amendments made during the 2010 legislative session -- 2010 c 161: See notes following RCW 46.04.013.|
Effective date -- 2004 c 106 § 1: "Section 1 of this act takes effect with registrations that are due or become due November 1, 2004, or later." [2004 c 106 § 2.]
Effective dates -- 2002 c 352: "Sections 7, 9, and 28 of this act are effective with registrations that are due or will become due September 1, 2002, and thereafter. Section 26 of this act takes effect October 1, 2002. The remainder of this act takes effect July 1, 2002." [2002 c 352 § 30.]
Effective date -- 1986 c 206: See note following RCW 46.09.310.
Purpose -- 1972 ex.s. c 153: See RCW 79A.35.070.