Manufacturing innovation and modernization account.
*** CHANGE IN 2013 *** (SEE 5287-S.SL) ***
(1) The manufacturing innovation and modernization account is created in the state treasury. Moneys in the account may be spent only after appropriation.
(2) Expenditures from the account may be used only for funding activities of the Washington manufacturing innovation and modernization extension services program created in RCW 43.338.020.
(3) All payments by a program participant in the Washington manufacturing innovation and modernization extension services program created in RCW 43.338.020 shall be deposited into the manufacturing innovation and modernization account. Of the total payments deposited into the account by program participants, the department may use up to three percent for administration of this program. The deposit of payments under this section from a program participant cease when the department specifies that the program participant has met the monetary contribution obligations of the program.
(4) All revenue solicited and received under the provisions of RCW 43.338.020(3) shall be deposited into the manufacturing innovation and modernization account.
(5) The legislature intends that all payments from the manufacturing innovation and modernization account made to qualified manufacturing extension partnership affiliates will be eligible as the state match in an affiliate's application for federal matching funds under the manufacturing extension partnership program of the United States department of commerce's national institute of standards and technology.
[2008 c 315 § 5.]
| Sunset Act application: See note following chapter digest.|