The board shall:
(1) Hold regular monthly meetings at such times as it may determine, and such special meetings as may be called by the chair or majority of the board membership upon written notice to all members. However, the board may dispense with any regular meetings, except that the board shall not dispense with two consecutive regular meetings;
(2) Employ and fix the compensation of technical, clerical, and other personnel as deemed necessary for the performance of its duties;
(3) Appoint such advisory committees as deemed appropriate to advise and assist it to more effectively discharge its responsibilities. The members of such committees shall receive no compensation, but are entitled to reimbursement for travel expenses in attending committee meetings in accordance with RCW 43.03.050 and 43.03.060;
(4) Meet and organize on the third Tuesday of each January following a state general election at which the elected ex officio members of the board are elected. The board shall select its own chair. The commissioner of public lands shall be the secretary of the board. The board may select a vice chair from among its members. In the absence of the chair and vice chair at a meeting of the board, the members shall elect a chair pro tem. No action shall be taken by the board except by the agreement of at least four members. The department and the board shall maintain its principal office at the capital;
(5) Be entitled to reimbursement individually for travel expenses incurred in the discharge of their official duties in accordance with RCW 43.03.050 and 43.03.060.
[2003 c 334 § 113.]
| Intent -- 2003 c 334: See note following RCW 79.02.010.|