Powers of board.
The board may:
(1) Adopt bylaws for the regulation of its affairs and the conduct of its business.
(2) Adopt an official seal and alter the seal at its pleasure.
(3) Utilize the services of other governmental agencies.
(4) Accept from any federal agency loans or grants for the planning or financing of any project and enter into an agreement with the agency respecting the loans or grants.
(5) Conduct examinations and investigations and take testimony at public hearings of any matter material for its information that will assist in determinations related to the exercise of the board's lawful powers.
(6) Accept any gifts, grants, or loans of funds, property, or financial or other aid in any form from any other source on any terms and conditions which are not in conflict with this chapter.
(7) Enter into agreements or other transactions with and accept grants and the cooperation of any governmental agency in furtherance of this chapter.
(8) Adopt rules under chapter 34.05 RCW as necessary to carry out the purposes of this chapter.
(9) Do all acts and things necessary or convenient to carry out the powers expressly granted or implied under this chapter.
[2008 c 327 § 4; 1996 c 51 § 4; 1987 c 422 § 4; 1982 1st ex.s. c 40 § 5.]
| Effective date -- 2008 c 327 §§ 1, 2, 4-11, 17: See note following RCW 43.160.010.|
Severability -- Effective dates -- 1996 c 51: See notes following RCW 43.160.010.