Unless the context clearly requires otherwise, the definitions in this section apply throughout this chapter.
(1) "Alternative public works contracting procedure" means the design-build, general contractor/construction manager, and job order contracting procedures authorized in RCW 39.10.300, 39.10.340, and 39.10.420, respectively.
(2) "Board" means the capital projects advisory review board.
(3) "Certified public body" means a public body certified to use design-build or general contractor/construction manager contracting procedures, or both, under RCW 39.10.270.
(4) "Committee," unless otherwise noted, means the project review committee.
(5) "Design-build procedure" means a contract between a public body and another party in which the party agrees to both design and build the facility, portion of the facility, or other item specified in the contract.
(6) "Disadvantaged business enterprise" means any business entity certified with the office of minority and women's business enterprises under chapter 39.19 RCW.
(7) "General contractor/construction manager" means a firm with which a public body has selected to provide services during the design phase and negotiated a maximum allowable construction cost to act as construction manager and general contractor during the construction phase.
(8) "Job order contract" means a contract in which the contractor agrees to a fixed period, indefinite quantity delivery order contract which provides for the use of negotiated, definitive work orders for public works as defined in RCW 39.04.010.
(9) "Job order contractor" means a registered or licensed contractor awarded a job order contract.
(10) "Maximum allowable construction cost" means the maximum cost of the work to construct the project including a percentage for risk contingency, negotiated support services, and approved change orders.
(11) "Negotiated support services" means items a general contractor would normally manage or perform on a construction project including, but not limited to surveying, hoisting, safety enforcement, provision of toilet facilities, temporary heat, cleanup, and trash removal, and that are negotiated as part of the maximum allowable construction cost.
(12) "Percent fee" means the percentage amount to be earned by the general contractor/construction manager as overhead and profit.
(13) "Public body" means any general or special purpose government in the state of Washington, including but not limited to state agencies, institutions of higher education, counties, cities, towns, ports, school districts, and special purpose districts.
(14) "Public works project" means any work for a public body within the definition of "public work" in RCW 39.04.010.
(15) "Small business entity" means a small business as defined in RCW 39.26.010.
(16) "Total contract cost" means the fixed amount for the detailed specified general conditions work, the negotiated maximum allowable construction cost, and the percent fee on the negotiated maximum allowable construction cost.
(17) "Total project cost" means the cost of the project less financing and land acquisition costs.
(18) "Unit price book" means a book containing specific prices, based on generally accepted industry standards and information, where available, for various items of work to be performed by the job order contractor. The prices may include: All the costs of materials; labor; equipment; overhead, including bonding costs; and profit for performing the items of work. The unit prices for labor must be at the rates in effect at the time the individual work order is issued.
(19) "Work order" means an order issued for a definite scope of work to be performed pursuant to a job order contract.
[2013 c 222 § 1. Prior: 2010 1st sp.s. c 36 § 6014; 2007 c 494 § 101; 2005 c 469 § 3; prior: 2003 c 352 § 1; 2003 c 301 § 2; 2003 c 300 § 3; 2001 c 328 § 1; 2000 c 209 § 1; 1997 c 376 § 1; 1994 c 132 § 2. Formerly RCW 39.10.020.]
| Sunset Act application: See note following chapter digest.|
Effective date -- 2013 c 222: "Sections 1 through 23 of this act are necessary for the immediate preservation of the public peace, health, or safety, or support of the state government and its existing public institutions, and take effect June 30, 2013." [2013 c 222 § 26.]
Effective date -- 2010 1st sp.s. c 36: See note following RCW 43.155.050.
Effective date -- 2001 c 328: "This act is necessary for the immediate preservation of the public peace, health, or safety, or support of the state government and its existing public institutions, and takes effect July 1, 2001." [2001 c 328 § 8.]
Effective date -- 1997 c 376: "This act is necessary for the immediate preservation of the public peace, health, or safety, or support of the state government and its existing public institutions, and takes effect July 1, 1997." [1997 c 376 § 10.]