Joint housing authorities — Creation authorized — Contents of ordinances creating — Powers.
This section applies to all cities and counties.
(1) Joint housing authorities are hereby authorized when the legislative authorities of one or more counties and the legislative authorities of any city or cities within any of those counties or in another county or counties have authorized such joint housing authority by ordinance.
(2) The ordinances enacted by the legislative authorities creating the joint housing authority shall prescribe the number of commissioners, the method for their appointment and length of their terms, the election of officers, and the method for removal of commissioners.
(3) The ordinances enacted by the legislative authorities creating the joint housing authority shall prescribe the allocation of all costs of the joint housing authority and any other matters necessary for the operation of the joint housing authority.
(4) A joint housing authority shall have all the powers as prescribed by this chapter for any housing authority. The area of operation of a joint housing authority shall be the combined areas, defined by RCW 35.82.020(6), of the housing authorities created in each city and county authorizing the joint housing authority.
(5) The provisions of RCW 35.82.040 and 35.82.060 shall not apply to a joint housing authority created pursuant to this section.
[2002 c 258 § 1; 1980 c 25 § 1.]