GET ready for math and science scholarship account.
(1) The GET ready for math and science scholarship account is created in the custody of the state treasurer.
(2) The office shall deposit into the account all money received for the GET ready for math and science scholarship program from appropriations and private sources. The account shall be self-sustaining.
(3) Expenditures from the account shall be used for scholarships to eligible students and for purchases of GET units. Purchased GET units shall be owned and held in trust by the office. Expenditures from the account shall be an equal match of state appropriations and private funds raised by the program administrator. During the 2009-2011 fiscal biennium, expenditures from the account not to exceed five percent may be used by the program administrator to carry out the provisions of RCW 28B.105.090.
(4) With the exception of the operating costs associated with the management of the account by the treasurer's office as authorized in chapter 43.79A RCW, the account shall be credited with all investment income earned by the account.
(5) Disbursements from the account are exempt from appropriations and the allotment provisions of chapter 43.88 RCW.
(6) Disbursements from the account shall be made only on the authorization of the office.
(7) During the 2009-2011 fiscal biennium, the legislature may transfer from the GET ready for math and science scholarship account to the state general fund such amounts as have not been donated from or matched by private contributions.
[2011 1st sp.s. c 11 § 188; 2010 1st sp.s. c 37 § 918. Prior: 2009 c 564 § 1807; 2009 c 564 § 920; 2008 c 329 § 908; 2007 c 214 § 11.]
| Effective date -- 2011 1st sp.s. c 11 §§ 101-103, 106-202, 204-244, and 301: See note following RCW 28B.76.020.|
Intent -- 2011 1st sp.s. c 11: See note following RCW 28B.76.020.
Effective date -- 2010 1st sp.s. c 37: See note following RCW 13.06.050.
Effective date -- 2009 c 564: See note following RCW 2.68.020.
Severability -- 2008 c 329: "If any provision of this act or its application to any person or circumstance is held invalid, the remainder of the act or the application of the provision to other persons or circumstances is not affected." [2008 c 329 § 928.]
Effective date -- 2008 c 329: "This act is necessary for the immediate preservation of the public peace, health, or safety, or support of the state government and its existing public institutions, and takes effect immediately [April 1, 2008]." [2008 c 329 § 929.]