The purposes of this section and RCW 28A.620.020 are to:
(1) Provide educational, recreational, cultural, and other community services and programs through the establishment of the concept of community education with the community school serving as the center for such activity;
(2) Promote a more efficient and expanded use of existing school buildings and equipment;
(3) Help provide personnel to work with schools, citizens and with other agencies and groups;
(4) Provide a wide range of opportunities for all citizens including programs, if resources are available, to promote parenting skills and promote awareness of the problem of child abuse and methods to avoid child abuse;
(5) As used in this section, "parenting skills" shall include: The importance of consistency in parenting; the value of providing children with a balance of love and firm discipline; the instruction of children in honesty, morality, ethics, and respect for the law; and the necessity of preserving and nurturing the family unit; and
(6) Help develop a sense of community in which the citizens cooperate with the public schools and community agencies and groups to resolve their school and community concerns and to recognize that the schools are available for use by the community day and night, year-round or any time when the programming will not interfere with the preschool through grade twelve program.
[1990 c 33 § 510. Prior: 1985 c 344 § 1; 1985 c 341 § 12; 1979 ex.s. c 120 § 1. Formerly RCW 28A.58.246.]