Application for certificate of authority.
*** CHANGE IN 2015 *** (SEE 5387.SL) ***
A foreign corporation, in order to procure a certificate of authority to conduct affairs in this state, shall make application therefor to the secretary of state, which application shall set forth:
(1) The name of the corporation and the state or country under the laws of which it is incorporated.
(2) If the name of the corporation contains the word "corporation," "company," "incorporated," or "limited," or contains an abbreviation of one of such words, then the name of the corporation which it elects for use in this state.
(3) The date of incorporation and the period of duration of the corporation.
(4) The address of the principal office of the corporation.
(5) A statement that a registered agent has been appointed and the name and address of such agent, and that a registered office exists and the address of such registered office is identical to that of the registered agent.
(6) The purpose or purposes of the corporation which it proposes to pursue in conducting its affairs in this state.
(7) The names and respective addresses of the directors and officers of the corporation.
(8) Such additional information as may be necessary or appropriate in order to enable the secretary of state to determine whether such corporation is entitled to a certificate of authority to conduct affairs in this state.
The application shall be made in the form prescribed by the secretary of state and shall be executed by the corporation by one of its officers.
The application shall be accompanied by a certificate of good standing which has been issued no more than sixty days before the date of filing of the application for a certificate of authority to do business in this state and has been certified to by the proper officer of the state or country under the laws of which the corporation is incorporated. [2002 c 74 § 12; 1986 c 240 § 45; 1967 c 235 § 66.
[2002 c 74 § 12; 1986 c 240 § 45; 1967 c 235 § 66.]
Captions not law—2002 c 74:
See note following RCW 19.09.020