Shareholders' list for meeting.
(1) After fixing a record date for a meeting, a corporation shall prepare an alphabetical list of the names of all its shareholders on the record date who are entitled to notice of a shareholders' meeting. The list must be arranged by voting group, and within each voting group by class or series of shares, and show the address of and number of shares held by each shareholder.
(2) The shareholders' list must be available for inspection by any shareholder, beginning ten days prior to the meeting and continuing through the meeting, at the corporation's principal office or at a place identified in the meeting notice in the city where the meeting will be held. A shareholder, the shareholder's agent, or the shareholder's attorney is entitled to inspect the list, during regular business hours and at the shareholder's expense, during the period it is available for inspection.
(3) The corporation shall make the shareholders' list available at the meeting, and any shareholder, the shareholder's agent, or the shareholder's attorney is entitled to inspect the list at any time during the meeting or any adjournment.
(4) If the corporation refuses to allow a shareholder, the shareholder's agent, or the shareholder's attorney to inspect the shareholders' list before or at the meeting, the superior court of the county where a corporation's principal office, or, if none in this state, its registered office, is located, on application of the shareholder, may summarily order the inspection at the corporation's expense and may postpone the meeting for which the list was prepared until the inspection is complete.
(5) A shareholder's right to copy the shareholders' list, and a shareholder's right to otherwise inspect and copy the record of shareholders, is governed by RCW 23B.16.020(3).
(6) Refusal or failure to prepare or make available the shareholders' list does not affect the validity of corporate action approved at the meeting.
[2009 c 189 § 17; 1989 c 165 § 68.]