(1) The secretary of state shall collect in accordance with the provisions of this title:
(a) Fees for filing records and issuing certificates;
(b) Miscellaneous charges;
(c) License fees as provided in RCW 23B.01.500 through 23B.01.550;
(d) Penalty fees; and
(e) Other fees as the secretary of state may establish by rule adopted under chapter 34.05 RCW.
(2) The secretary of state shall collect the following fees when the records described in this subsection are delivered for filing:
One hundred seventy-five dollars, pursuant to RCW 23B.01.520 and 23B.01.540, for:
(a) Articles of incorporation; and
(b) Application for certificate of authority.
(3) The secretary of state shall establish by rule, fees for the following:
(a) Application for reinstatement;
(b) Articles of correction;
(c) Amendment of articles of incorporation;
(d) Restatement of articles of incorporation, with or without amendment;
(e) Articles of merger or share exchange;
(f) Articles of revocation of dissolution;
(g) Application for amended certificate of authority;
(h) Application for reservation, registration, or assignment of reserved name;
(i) Corporation's statement of change of registered agent or registered office, or both, except where this information is provided in conjunction with and on an initial report or an annual report form filed under RCW 23B.01.530, 23B.01.550, 23B.02.050, or 23B.16.220;
(j) Agent's resignation, or statement of change of registered office, or both, for each affected corporation;
(k) Initial report; and
(l) Any record not listed in this subsection that is required or permitted to be filed under this title.
(4) Fees shall be adjusted by rule only in an amount that does not exceed the average biennial increase in the cost of providing service. This shall be determined in a biennial cost study performed by the secretary of state.
(5) The secretary of state shall not collect fees for:
(a) Agent's consent to act as agent;
(b) Agent's resignation, if appointed without consent;
(c) Articles of dissolution;
(d) Certificate of judicial dissolution;
(e) Application for certificate of withdrawal; and
(f) Annual report when filed concurrently with the payment of annual license fees.
(6) The secretary of state shall collect a fee in an amount established by the secretary of state by rule per defendant served, upon being served process under this title. The party to a proceeding causing service of process is entitled to recover this fee as costs if such party prevails in the proceeding.
(7) The secretary of state shall establish by rule and collect a fee from every person or organization:
(a) For furnishing a certified copy of any record, instrument, or paper relating to a corporation;
(b) For furnishing a certificate, under seal, attesting to the existence of a corporation, or any other certificate; and
(c) For furnishing copies of any record, instrument, or paper relating to a corporation, other than of an initial report or an annual report.
(8) For annual license fees for domestic and foreign corporations, see RCW 23B.01.500, 23B.01.510, 23B.01.530, and 23B.01.550. For penalties for nonpayment of annual license fees and failure to complete annual report, see RCW 23B.01.570.
[2002 c 297 § 3; 1993 c 269 § 2; 1992 c 107 § 7; 1991 c 72 § 26; 1990 c 178 § 1; 1989 c 165 § 5.]
| Effective date -- 1993 c 269: See note following RCW 23.86.070.|
Effective dates -- 1992 c 107: See note following RCW 19.02.020.
Effective date -- 1990 c 178: "This act shall take effect July 1, 1990." [1990 c 178 § 13.]