Notice — Contents.
The form of the notice of infraction issued under this chapter shall include the following:
(1) A statement that the notice represents a determination that the infraction has been committed by the contractor named in the notice and that the determination shall be final unless contested as provided in this chapter;
(2) A statement that the infraction is a noncriminal offense for which imprisonment shall not be imposed as a sanction;
(3) A statement of the violation which necessitated issuance of the infraction;
(4) A statement of penalty involved if the infraction is established;
(5) A statement of the options provided in this chapter for responding to the notice and the procedures necessary to exercise these options;
(6) A statement that at any hearing to contest the notice of infraction the state has the burden of proving, by a preponderance of the evidence, that the infraction was committed; and that the contractor may subpoena witnesses, including the compliance inspector of the department who issued and served the notice of infraction;
(7) A statement that at any hearing to contest the notice of infraction against an unregistered contractor, the unregistered contractor has the burden of proving that the infraction did not occur;
(8) A statement that the contractor must respond to the notice of infraction in one of the ways provided in this chapter; and
(9) A statement that a contractor's failure to timely select one of the options for responding to the notice of infraction after receiving a statement of the options provided in this chapter for responding to the notice of infraction and the procedures necessary to exercise these options is guilty of a gross misdemeanor and may be punished by a fine or imprisonment in jail.
[2007 c 436 § 13; 2006 c 270 § 8; 1986 c 197 § 4; 1983 1st ex.s. c 2 § 5.]
| Effective date -- 1983 1st ex.s. c 2: See note following RCW 18.27.200.|