In addition to any other authority provided by law, the secretary has the authority to:
(1) Adopt rules under chapter 34.05 RCW necessary to implement this chapter;
(2) Establish all registration and renewal fees in accordance with RCW 43.70.250;
(3) Establish forms and procedures necessary to administer this chapter;
(4) Register any applicants who have met the requirements for registration and to deny registration to applicants who do not meet the requirements of this chapter, except that proceedings concerning the denial of registration based upon unprofessional conduct or impairment is governed by the uniform disciplinary act, chapter 18.130 RCW;
(5) Hire clerical, administrative, investigative, and other staff as needed to implement this chapter; and
(6) Maintain the official department record of all applicants and persons registered under this chapter.
[2002 c 216 § 5.]