(1) Any business entity, including a sole proprietorship, offering architecture services in Washington state must register with the board, regardless of its business structure. A business entity shall file with the board a list of individuals registered under this chapter as responsible for the practice of architecture by the business entity in this state and provides that full authority to make all final architectural decisions on behalf of the business entity with respect to work performed by the business entity in this state. Further, the person having the practice of architecture in his/her charge is himself/herself a general partner (if a partnership or limited liability partnership), or a manager (if a limited liability company), or a director (if a business corporation or professional service corporation) and is registered to practice architecture in this state.
(2) The business entity shall furnish the board with such information about its organization and activities as the board shall require by rule.
(3) Upon the filing with the board of the application for certificate of authorization, the certified copy of the resolution, and the information specified in subsection (1) of this section, the board shall authorize the director to issue to the business entity a certificate of authorization to practice architecture in this state.
(4) Any business entity practicing or offering to practice architecture, whether or not it is authorized to practice architecture under this chapter, shall be jointly and severally responsible to the same degree as an individual registered architect and shall conduct their business without misconduct or malpractice in the practice of architecture as defined in this chapter.
(5) Any business entity that has been certified under this chapter and has engaged in the practice of architecture may have its certificate of authorization either suspended or revoked by the board if, after a proper hearing, the board finds that the business entity has committed misconduct or malpractice under RCW 18.08.440
. In such a case, any individual architect registered under this chapter who is involved in such misconduct or malpractice is also subject to disciplinary measures provided in this chapter and RCW 18.235.110
(6) For each certificate of authorization issued under this section there shall be paid a certification fee and an annual certification renewal fee as prescribed by the director under RCW 43.24.086
[2010 c 129 § 9; 2002 c 86 § 203; 1991 c 72 § 2; 1985 c 37 § 13.]
Effective date—2010 c 129 §§ 7-10:
See note following RCW 18.08.370
Effective dates—2002 c 86:
See note following RCW 18.08.340