Weighing of livestock at public livestock market.
(1) Each public livestock market licensee shall maintain and operate approved weighing facilities for the weighing of livestock at such licensee's public livestock market.
(2) All dial scales used by the licensee shall be of adequate size to be readily visible to all interested parties and shall be equipped with a mechanical weight recorder.
(3) All beam scales used by the licensee shall be equipped with a balance indicator, a weigh beam and a mechanical weight recorder, all readily visible to all interested parties.
(4) All scales used by the licensee shall be checked for balance at short intervals during the process of selling and immediately prior to the beginning of each sale day.
(5) The scale ticket shall have the weights mechanically imprinted upon the tickets when the weigh beam is in balance during the process of weighing, and shall be issued in triplicate, for all livestock weighed at a public livestock market. A copy of the weight tickets shall be issued to the buyer and seller of the livestock weighed.
[2003 c 326 § 86; 1983 c 298 § 15; 1961 c 182 § 5; 1959 c 107 § 40.]
| Effective dates -- 2003 c 326: See RCW 16.57.902.|